About Me

My photo
I'm a caterpillar that hasn't become a butterfly. My blog is about being in that cocoon, breaking free and everything that comes with it...

Saturday 19 April 2014

Vision 2 years!

Hearts in the sand

The goal was to wean him at 12 months.
I failed woefully. I didn't even try.
So I pushed for 18 months which is where we are at now.
And I have tried the following:

1. Introduced him to a beverage so he can have something to fall back on. It hasn't worked. Yet.
2. Just plain refused to oblige him. It hasn't worked. Yet.
3. Put plasters over my breasts for about 5 days.It worked!

 But then (sigh), we had to queue up for fuel at this petrol station. And we were
there for about two hours. I didn't pack enough food. He got hungry and cranky. I had to do something! And I did.
So let's just say we are back to breastfeeding. (Blame it on the fuel scarcity)

And didn't WHO say Babies should be breastfed until two?read here

What???





4 comments:

  1. I love your blog, Livvie! Très cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nneka! Thanks for visiting and liking us:)
    We love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madam, u no try at all. Send him to ur mother for 1 week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Ademola! Yeah I've been told to do that several times. But who knows, I just may want to be WHO compliant at the end of the day (:

      Delete