About Me

My photo
I'm a caterpillar that hasn't become a butterfly. My blog is about being in that cocoon, breaking free and everything that comes with it...

Monday 10 March 2014

You Choose the Title


A Case of Mistaken Identity or God don Catch You? 


There are all sorts of liaisons d'amour in the work place.

Open ones. Clandestine ones. Foolish ones.
But the most interesting of the three is...wait for it...
Yep, the clandestine ones.
When you find out about them.
And there are many ways to find out about them but I'd list just three.


1. Through gossip (When the office aproko tells you directly)

2. Through gossip (When the office aproko tells someone who tells you)
3. Through gossip  (When you become the aproko)


But sometimes, the earth stops rotating around the sun for one second and the gist travels through the milky way and network cables and falls straight unto your laps.



So, it's a long dreary day at work and my phone rings.

It's one of my bosses. I know because I have his number saved.
His voice is all sweet and tender which is super unusual. I do a double check on my phone screen to make sure I'm not mistaken.


He calls me by a different name (and I happen to know the lady who bears this name).



It instantly occurs to me what's going on.



I try to correct him but he is so lost in his tenderness he requires no interruption.



And he goes "I'm missing you babe. When can we see? I'm waiting for you at XYZ. Please start coming now, please..."



It's weird to hear Hercules sound like Talking Tom. Only slower. (You can download Talking Tom here)

I have to snap him out of it like super fast.


So I say "Sir, it's me oh! Emdee!"



And then I hear:

Oh my God. Then silence. Then click, as the line goes dead.
I put my phone down and I am wearing the largest smile.
I throw my head back and I laugh. A deep hearty laugh.


It's not such a long dreary day after all.



For some people, that is.

Is he really making a business call? But then again, what is your business, Aproko?

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! Don't we just love such priceless moment when we catch someone "in the act"

    Mrs Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg laff wan kill me

    ReplyDelete